St. Anne´s Church
Image © Walking Poland | Deutsch
This is a touristic overview of the church. For a detailed description, please click the box below.
Visit this and many more churches on our special private church tour with a licensed city guide. For full details and a booking form, please click the box below.
Website of the church
Condition after World War II
In the touristic area?
How to get
St. Anne’s Church is located on Castle Square, from where there is a beautiful view of the Old Town. We also recommend the viewing terrace on the bell tower.
The first building was erected in 1454 and was made of stone. The Gothic elements can still be seen on the side walls today.
The bell tower was built in the second half of the 16th century.
The front façade presents itself in the style of classicism and was redesigned by Piotr Aigner in the years 1778-1788.
During the Second World War, the roof, in particular, was damaged. Reconstruction was completed in 1962.
The interior of the church is very magnificent. The wall paintings make it a real eye-catcher. Above the entrance hall is one of the most beautiful organs in Poland from the 18th century. Of all the churches on the Royal Route, this is certainly one of the most worth seeing.
Our tips nearby
Bell tower of St. Anne´s Church | 10 m |
There is a viewing terrace on the bell tower of St. Anne’s Church. From there you can see the roofs of the Old Town, the Royal Castle, the skyline of skyscrapers including the Palace of Culture and the other side of the river with the dominating National Stadium.