Church of St. Benon
Image © Walking Poland | Deutsch
It is certainly not the most interesting church in Warsaw. But it has an even more interesting history. In addition, you will encounter positive German-Polish accents here.
This is a touristic overview of the church For a detailed description, please click the box below.
Visit this and many more churches on our special private church tour. For full details and a booking form, please click the box below.
Visit to the church
Website of the church
Condition after World War II
In the Warsaw touristic area?
How to get
The Brotherhood of St. Benno began building the church in 1646. It was consecrated as early as 1649.
Since 1787, the church is closely associated with the pastoral care of the Redemptorists. St. Clement in particular stands out. In Poland, the Redemptorists are therefore also called Bennonites.
During the war, it was first looted, later blown up. In 1958, the church was rededicated by Cardinal Stefan Wyszynski. The Redemptorists still look after the house of prayer today.
The church is barrier-free.