This is a touristic overview of the palace. For a detailed description, please click the button below.
Website of the palace
Condition after World War II
In the touristic area?
How to get
The palace got its name from the beautiful view of the Vistula Valley and Lazienki Park.
The first building was erected by the magnate Krzysztof Pac for his wife in the middle of the 16th century.
After several changes of ownership, the palace returned to the Pac family. In 1740 the building was rebuilt in the Baroque style by the architect Jozef Fontana. A wing house was added to each side of the central building.
The building initially went to the Lubormirski family before the last king of Poland, Stanislaw August Poniatowski, bought it in 1767, as well as the land on the slope towards the Vistula, where Lazienki Park extends today.
What else is in the palace?
The building is purely a public building. Once a year, there is an Open Day when you can visit the palace.
Our tips in the area
Free Chopin concerts in Royal Lazienki Park
Only 150 m away is the world’s most famous monument of Frédéric Chopin, where the free Chopin concerts are held every year between May and September.